Registration is open from 1:30-3:30 on June 26. If you need to check in with the nurse, please try to arrive on the earlier side of this window of time. Once you sign in at registration you may not leave campus to run errands so make sure you double check your packing. If you forget something, no biggie, we'll figure it out!
Registration takes place at the dorms (Adams and Wheeler Hall). Directions to Castleton University are listed on our website as well as the schedule for registration. When you come into Castleton, turn off of Main Street onto the South Street campus entrance; you'll be turning right from there to get to the dorms. There will be signs directing you, and by the time you find the turn-off from South Street you'll be seeing at least one friendly GIA face to help you find your way. It's best to park, go to the registration tables, and then get all your stuff to move into your room.
Parents and guardians, please plan to spend a few minutes with Elizabeth, GIA's director, after getting your student moved in. She'd like to meet you, give you some information, and answer any questions you may have. At the same time, students will be heading to the Fine Arts Center to meet each other and learn about our fabulous faculty and classes before our grand opening at 4:00. We ask that parents and guardians have left by 3:45.
Things to remember to bring:
- Your key deposit ($40 cash or check made out to Castleton University) - this is returned to you at the end of GIA unless you lose your key/swipe card.
- If you play an instrument (or own one that you hope to play someday) BRING IT.
- Dress up clothes (Silly and/or fancy!) - seriously! Every year people say "I wish I'd brought my feather boa/duck costume/tuxedo"!
- Bedding (remember - they are extra long twin beds, a funny size!)
- Quarters and detergent if you want to do laundry
- And so on.... remind yourself with the full list of what to bring....
See you on Sunday, June 26!