Parents/Guardians of Accepted Students:
- Our 2018 session runs from Sunday June 24 through Sunday July 8 2018 at 3 PM
- Please read our letter to parents & guardians. This can be very helpful as you prepare for GIA, and even includes tips for during the Institute.
- Help your student by checking in with them about what to bring.
- Check out our daily schedule and our CLASSES & OFFERINGS to get a sense of some of the activities and courses at GIAs past.
- We hope you'll join us for a few important dates listed below.
Welcome to the GIA Family!
Please join us for...
THE FIRST DAY
Registration is open from 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM on the first Sunday outside of Huden Dining Hall at Castleton University. Main Street in Castleton will have signs pointing you the right way. You will help get your student registered, check in with the nurse if needed, and move them into their dorm room. Then, a wave goodbye! Parents will meet briefly with the Director of the Institute, while your student heads over to the Fine Arts Center to look at class options.
THE PARADE (optional)
We'll be parading in downtown Castleton on July 4th! Family and friends are welcome to attend the parade. However, we continue parading on, so there isn't really time to visit. Just a wave and a smile and a hug!
THE LAST DAY
Join us for the festivities on the last Sunday 12:00pm - 3:00pm. Please arrive between 11:30 AM and noon at the Castleton University Fine Arts Center — not the dorms. Parking is available in the lot near the Fine Arts Center and there will be signs.
You’ll get a chance to see what your student has been working on and how different art forms work together! We will be done by 3 PM. Students will have already packed up their things in the morning, so you’ll be able to grab the luggage and go home after our program ends. It is extremely important to us that all students stay to the end to complete the experience. We know that many of you have a long way to go on that day, so we appreciate your understanding and support of our community.